You pay good money to receive an excellent massage. However, sometimes you may feel cheated and never return for another treatment. It’s your money, people. If you don’t like something or don’t understand something, you are fully entitled to ask the therapist.
Here’s a secret. We love feedback, good or bad. It helps us do our job better.
Here’s some tips to get the most from you treatments. (taken from American Massage Therapy Association)
1. Before the start of your session, give your massage therapist accurate health information and share what you’d like from the treatment.
2. Music is often played. Let your therapist know your preferences. The same goes for talking during the session.
3. Report any discomfort you experience during the massage session, whether it’s physical or has to do with the environment.s
4. Provide the therapist with feedback during the massage concerning pressure, speed of hand movements and anything that bothers you.
5. Discuss any concerns you may have about massage therapy with your therapist.